Choosing a new dentist
ARE you Looking for a friendly, helpful, experienced dentist?
When you choose a new dentist, you are making a very important, long term decision - often for the whole family, not just you. Like any long-term relationship, your choice of dentist is built on trust and communication. Together with great service, these are values at the heart of our dental Practice here at Dental at MediaCityUK. If you decide to join as a valued patient, you will be guaranteed a very warm welcome.
Register today & claim your FREE initial examination.
*Please ask for details about our Membership Plans
Experience state-of-the-art facilities
Our state-of-the-art treatment facilities guarantee a first class dental experience, ideally located for people living and working in MediaCityUK and the surrounding Salford area. We have invested in the very latest equipment, training and advanced treatment technologies so that our patients enjoy the very best dentistry available.
Why choose us?
- Only dentist in Salford Quays
- Award winning Dental clinic
- A to Z specialities under one roof
- Experienced dentists
- Interest FREE credit
- Open 8am - 7pm
- We listen, we care & we explain
- Fantastic customer service
- Pain free dentistry
- High quality, affordable dentistry
Your comfort is our priority, this includes important details such as how you like your coffee/tea and even what music you like to listen to!
What happens at my first visit?
Our examinations are more than just a quick look in your mouth.
A Step by Step guide for new patients:
- You will be welcomed by our patient co-ordinator, who ensures all your personal details are correct.
- If you haven’t already done so you will need to fill out a few forms such as medical history and a patient questionnaire. Once these are completed you will be ready to see your dentist.
- You will be shown to the treatment room where you will get a chance to get to know some more members of team.
- Now it’s your time and chance to ask your dentist any questions that you may have.
- The dentist will then carry out a tooth by tooth examination of your mouth, including an oral cancer screening and if needs be will take some x-rays and photos of your teeth.
- Once this has all been completed you and your dentist will have the opportunity to discuss your treatment options.
- The final step is to book the appointments with the treatment co-ordinator!
Regular Dental Care
Claim your FREE initial examination.
What does your regular dental examination include?
A comprehensive dental examination will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-ups, your dentist will include the following:
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Extensive check of all you restorations.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Taking and examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, bone loss and presence of gum disease. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Intra-Oral Photographs: if required your dentist will take pictures of your teeth to help in explaining you treatment and monitoring any area of concern.
- Summary and Treatment Plan: your dentist will explain the findings from your examination and discuss your treatment plan with you.
A check up at Dental at MediaCityUK is more than just a quick look in your mouth!
What does your regular dental hygiene treatment include?
Your dentist will clean your teeth thoroughly to remove the scale. You’ll also be shown how to remove plaque successfully yourself, cleaning all surfaces of your teeth thoroughly and effectively. This may take a number of sessions with the dentist or hygienist.
Dental hygiene treatment is delivered by a dental Hygienist or dentist who will help to remove any plaque from your teeth that may have built up in certain areas. Your teeth will be professionally cleaned with special equipment and pastes, this process is also known as scaling and polishing. An important aspect of the Hygienist’s role is to show you how to look after your teeth so they remain free from plaque. You will be advised on the best brushing technique and given tips on flossing and using inter-dental brushes.
Dental hygiene at the dental Practice also forms part of treating gum disease and bad breath. If you have a bridge, denture, orthodontic treatment or a dental implant you will have specific hygiene needs that the hygienist will be able to assist you with.
It is highly recommended that you attend regular hygiene appointments to ensure your mouth stays clean and healthy.
Claim your FREE initial examination
Family dentistry from a family of dentists
As dental professionals (and parents too) we believe in preventative dental care and encourage our patients to bring their children to the Practice from an early age. Regular check-ups from a young age will ensure children won’t suffer from untreated dental decay with devastating effects to their growing dentition. There are a number of preventative treatments that our team can provide for children.
Fluoride applications are a safe and effective way to safeguard your growing child’s teeth from developing decay. The fluoride is painted onto the surface of the child’s teeth and this helps to mineralise the teeth. Fissure sealants are tooth coloured and applied to biting surfaces of children’s teeth to prevent decay.
Studies have shown that the younger the age that you bring your child to the dental practice, even if just for a check-up, the more likely they are to have a positive experience and grow up not to be afraid of the dentist. Our team will take special care of your child to make them feel safe and cared for.
Treating a child from an early age also allows the dentist to spot early signs of underbites, cross bites or overbites developing. As with most things, the sooner you can start to treat it, the quicker it can be resolved.
Prevention is always better than cure so if the kids haven't seen a dentist yet, please call the Practice today to make an appointment for your family.
for under 6's
We offer FREE check ups to children under 6 years of age who have a parent registered at the Practice. From the age of 6, we offer children half price treatment until they are 12 years old.
Looking for affordable dentistry?
Learn more about our Membership Plans designed to suit you, your family and your business.